Friday, April 19, 2013

Empty Product Review #1



I always love watching Empty Product videos on YouTube because I feel like they really inform the viewers on what products are worth buying. If I make it through a product (and I'm scraping at the remains), then it comes highly recommended by me. I love testing beauty products and skin care items so more often than not I'll discover a new item that I love before I've used up a similar product.

These are items that I've been collecting for the past few weeks!

Hair Products
Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum, LUSH Veganese Conditioner, Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray
The Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum smells great and really does smooth your hair. I usually applied this right after I got out of the shower so it could double as a detangling product. It something I enjoyed using while I had it, but would probably not repurchase because in full size it is a bit pricey.

The LUSH Veganese Conditioner "smells like 7-Up" according to my roommate. I agree, but there are also hints of lavender that make it smell like a spa. This is a very light conditioner and claims to be "exceptionally good for limp, fine, or lack-lustre hair." I have limp hair and am always looking for voluminizing products, but this was not exceptional for my hair. I've been using the Clear Long Lengths Conditioner and have been very happy with the results. I did enjoy the scent though, so props to LUSH.

I wish I would have grabbed the full size version of the Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray. I had run out of my Bed Head Masterpiece spray and wanted to repurchase it, but Target was sold out so I grabbed this thinking it was just a stand-in until I could find the Bed Head spray again. I was wrong. I fell in love and can't wait until I'm out of hairspray again so I can buy the full version. It smells great, it has all day power, and doesn't make my hair crunchy.

Random Samples
Fresh Picked "Beautiful Day" Lotion, Ange ou Demon Eau de Parfum, Daisy by Marc Jacobs
I love beauty products; therefore, I also love beauty samples. I received a perfume sample in an order from Sephora and quickly ran out of Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I'm not usually one for floral scents, but this doesn't smell overpowering and has hints of vanilla. I also used up a sample of the Givenchy Ange ou Demon Eau de Parfum. I'm not a huge fan because it was a little too strong for me and smelled very spicy. 

I also used up a sample of the Bath and Body Works Beautiful Day lotion. I have already purchased the full version so I guess that pretty much speaks for itself. I love the fresh spring scent and I believe it will transition well into summer.

Concealers

NYX HD Concealer in Light, Almay Clear Complexion Concealer in Light
I usually go through concealers pretty quickly because I don't use foundation so concealers are my base, but these ones were not my favorites so they took a long time to use up. The NYX concealer may have been a bit too light for my skin (if there is such a thing because I'm very fair skinned) and the Almay concealer had a gloppy consistency. I raved about my favorite concealers in a post here.

Hygiene Products
Top: Dove GoFresh Deodorant in Plum and Sakura Blossom, LUSH Charity Pot
Bottom: Method Hand Soap in White Nectarine, LUSH Snow Fairy Shower Gel, Degree Sexy Intrigue Deodorant
Deodorant is deodorant. I liked it, it kept me smelling fresh. Enough said.

I adore the LUSH Charity Pot lotion mostly because the proceeds go to charities. It's very moisturizing and the scent is sweet like honey and sticks with you. A little goes a long way so this $5 container was definitely worth it. I have already repurchased this and have been using it!

Method Hand Soap is my favorite because it isn't full of antibacterials or chemicals that can actually harm your skin. This has a nice fruity nectarine scent and I will be sticking with the Method brand, but perhaps trying another scent because they're all very nice.

I received this LUSH Snow Fairy Shower Gel as a Christmas present and it smells like cotton candy. It's also a lovely pink color and really brightens up a dull winter morning. I enjoyed using this, but because it is special addition I will not be repurchasing it right away. Maybe I'll get it again next year!

Another normal deodorant. Degree in Sexy Intrigue. I love this scent, but will be searching for a more natural deodorant.

 Face and Shower Products
Alba Even Advanced Sea Algae Enzyme Scrub, The Body Shop Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream, LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask, The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Wash, Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer, Bath and Body Works Pink Chiffon Lotion

I love the Alba Even Advanced Sea Algae scrub. It's been a favorite exfoliator of mine for a while and I've already purchased another. It smells kind of herbal and really gets deep into my pores for a deep clean while sloughing away all the dead skin.

I'm not a huge fan of this moisturizer from The Body Shop. It had a nice subtle smell and was very moisturizing, but it is illuminating and had too much pink tone for my skin. I am very fair and have pink undertones so this was not the right illuminating product for me. It made me look too pink.

I've raved about the LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask before and I will hopefully be repurchasing it again soon. It smells like blueberry muffins and works wonders on my skin.

I bought this Cranberry Joy body gel from The Body Shop around Christmas time, it smells like the cranberry candle from Bath and Body Works. The perfect smell for winter time. I loved it, but will be using more spring and summer scents until winter hits again.

The Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer is my everyday moisturizer and I've already purchased another. It has SPF in it, it clears dark spots and hyperpigmentation, and it's not too think for every day wear.

I love Bath and Body Works lotion and Pink Chiffon reminds me of the Pink Sugar perfume from Sephora. I haven't repurchased this, but it's a possibility in the future because I love the smell.

Candles
Bath and Body Works Slatkin & Co. Candles in Island Nectar and Pineapple Mango

The Island Nectar candle smells like a fancy cocktail that you'd drink on a beach and the Pineapple Mango (my favorite BBW candle) smells like a fresh cut pineapple covered in mango juice with a hint of vanilla. Best. Smell. Ever. And reminds me of summer. I highly recommend both of these candles.



Marine Wife Mommy and Life

4 comments:

  1. That pineapple candle sounds amazing! and the post before this one, the model is in my family through marriage! (my brother in law is married to the model's sister). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a small world and a cool connection you have there! The pineapple candle is a must-smell! SO yummy :)

      Delete
  2. fun post! i always enjoy learning what others recommend. definitely some goodies to put on my list for the future. new follower via the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always love reading about recommendations! I am a sucker for new products haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...