Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Half-Marathon #13.1

I did it! After months of training and excitement I finished the Trailbreaker Half-Marathon! Six months ago I set out with high hopes of running a marathon; and while that is still my long time goal, injuries, time, and lack of experience with long distance races set me back to the half-marathon. I'm still extremely proud of myself (and my running buddy, Connor) for finishing with a time we set out to run.

Race day was an experience I'll never forget. I was nervous, jittery, and a bit worried that the last few miles would be difficult. Connor and I kept pace and never stopped moving. Just one foot in front of the other. By the 7 mile turn around mark I had lost myself in the run, all you runners out there know the feeling. I wasn't thinking about breathing or running, I just was. It was such a great experience and everyone there was very encouraging. I'm proud to say I finished and I know there will be many more half-marathons (and full marathons) to come! I already have plans to sign up for a run at the end of the summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...