Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Downton Abbey Inspired Outfit



If you haven't joined the thousands of people who are in love with Downton Abbey, I highly suggest you take few moments and watch the first episode because you will not be disappointed.
I fell in love with the characters and the story line within the first five minutes. I was already shipping couples, drooling over landscapes of England, and wishing I lived in the 20s so I could steal all of their clothes.


Speaking of fashion, there's a lot of it in many different styles. There are the three high society Crawley sisters, the servants, and guests from all over the world visiting Downton. I'm in love with Sybil Crawley, the youngest of the sisters, because of her fearlessness. She has a feminist spark and a revolutionary attitude. She's such a strong character. Sybil lives for herself and not for pleasing her family's societal demands. Without actually realizing it, I was window shopping online pulling inspiration from Sybil with her brighter colors and younger approach to the style of the age. I was also searching the stores for any long necklaces and realized that must have been an effect of Downton as well. Mary Crawley, the eldest sister, always sports long necklaces during fancy dinner parties and I'm enthralled with her Art Deco style.

I was inspired by some of the episodes later in the series when the 1920s fashion begins to emerge. Mary often wears a sparkly clip in her hair, all the girls wear Mary Jane high heels, and long necklaces appear in almost every episode.
Necklace, Dress, Headband, Clutch, Shoes
This is a very wearable way to show your love for Downton Abbey. The pieces are classic, the look is chic, and everyone will be wondering where you got your accessories!
Let me know if you've found any other stores that are carrying Downton-esque pieces because I'm obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...