Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What I Learned from Lizzie McGuire

Confession time, I've watched every single episode of Lizzie McGuire and I can't tell you how many times I've watched The Lizzie McGuire movie. Lizzie McGuire was my childhood hero, my role model, and my style icon. It was my obsession. I wish I had photos of the fifth grade folders plastered with Hilary Duff's face. I learned many life lessons through this show and still keep tabs on my beloved hero, Hilary Duff, by following her on Instagram!

Although moms might not be as cool as the popular girls at school, they'll always be your mom, which is about twenty-nine million times better. Remember when Lizzie's mom wanted to buy her "bargain basement" jeans to help her win Best Dressed at school? Lizzie was mortified that she was wearing bargains, but it turns out everyone loved her jeans and she wished she'd have spent time shopping with her mom rather than complaining.

Brothers are a pest, but life wouldn't be the same without them. Matt is always trying to ruin Lizzie's life and playing pranks on her, but who would Lizzie be if she didn't have a little brother? Her whole life would change (probably for the worst). I'm so glad to have a brother in my life and Lizzie McGuire taught me to be more appreciative of the time I have with him.

Your best friends will always be there for you, no matter what. My favorite episode of all time is called "Inner Beauty" in which Miranda thinks she isn't beautiful or skinny enough. Throughout the episode Gordo and Lizzie help Miranda see that she is beautiful and they'll always be there for her. Lizzie, Miranda, and Gordo even taught me how to make a three-way call with my two best friends. Oh the things I've learned.

You will get your heart broken, but your friends and family will help you through it.



Your parents are weird, everyone can relate, but they love you with everything they have and you must not forget they have feelings too! Lizzie's parents were always getting themselves into embarrassing situations and causing problems for Lizzie, but at the end of the day they love her and nothing would ever change that. They just want the best for her!

I still love Lizzie McGuire even though it's been years since it aired. I even watched a few episodes over spring break with my mom. How cool are we? I'll always be a Lizzie fan, and I'll never forget the lessons she taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...