Monday, April 22, 2013

Bursting with Blushes

My makeup bag has been bursting with blush lately. Perhaps it is because there has been no sunshine to give me a natural glowing flush (yes, it is STILL snowing in Minnesota). So I've been turning to these lovely blushes to keep me smiling even though it's dark and gloomy outside.

Tarte 12 Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface, Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush in Coral Reef, Laneige Gradient Blush in 02 Light, Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso, Origins Pinch Your Cheeks Cheek Stain in Raspberry
I've obviously been loving the Tarte blush in Dollface because I've hit pan on it. It's a pink that is flattering on my fair skin because it brings out a natural blushing look. It's been my everyday blush and I don't think that will be changing even into summertime.

The Revlon Coral Reef blush is a recent purchase for me. I've only worn it twice, but I know it will be a favorite for spring and summer. It's a cream blush so it will have a nice staying power for those warmer days and it gives that dewy fresh faced look. I used to be afraid of brighter colors like this orangey shade, but it's fun to mix it up. There's no reason I should be safe with natural colors, we should all go for the fun ones occasionally!

I posted about the Laneige blush recently because it was a gift from my brother on his trip to Korea. It's a shimmery gradient and gives a different look every time I wear it. It's a very smooth consistency and I love how it has a built in highlighter. I've been taking the lightest shade on my ring finger and using it as my brow bone highlighter as well.

For a very different look, I've been using the Milani Luminoso blush because it's such a departure from my normal blushes. It's shimmery and coral, but has a dark tone to it. I'm not big on contouring, but I've been placing this in the hollows of my cheeks and creating some dimension.

The Origins Raspberry Cheek stain is a holy grail product for me. I love that it is a stain because I feel like the saying power is stronger than some powder blushes. It's a beautiful natural color for my cheeks on those "No Makeup" makeup days. I love it and will always repurchase it. Just be sure to work quickly when applying or it will stain your fingers instead!

Do you have any fun blush recommendations for me? I'm always looking to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...