Sunday, March 10, 2013

When I Read This Book Review

Don't worry, I'll take your suggestions for a better title on upcoming book reviews!
I recently finished reading a book titled All There Is: Love Stories from StoryCorps by David Isay.


This collection of stories encompasses everything I look for when choosing a book. There's romance, there's happiness, there's hardship, and let me tell you, it even brought me to tears. 

All There Is is a collaboration with StoryCorps, a nonprofit organization that aims to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives. They travel around to cities all around the United States and invite people from all backgrounds and walks of life to share their stories. This particular collection is the love stories StoryCorps came across in their 10 years of recording history. 

I usually don't tend to read a lot of non-fiction stories; I'm a giant Twilight, Hunger Games, Shiver, The Scorpio Races kind of girl. And I'm proud of it. But when I grabbed this book off the bargain shelf and began reading the first story, I couldn't put it down. I ended up standing in the middle of the book store with tears welling up in my eyes because the stories were so real and sweet. Love stories in fiction novels always make my heart swell up with unreal expectations, but these real people sharing their lives with each other touched my heart in a completely different way.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys love stories. For me I'd give it a 9 out of 10. Pretty darn good! Have any book recommendations? Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear what books you are loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...