Saturday, March 16, 2013

Skincare Routine

My skin has dramatically improved with some recent dietary changes, but I truly believe in the power of a great skincare routine. I used to be am a product hoarder and love trying out new face masks, cleansers, toners, and moisturizers, but I have found that keeping it simple is what my skin likes best (who would have thought?!).

In the morning I start out with the Alba Botanica Even Advanced Sea Algae Enzyme Scrub. I like to exfoliate right away in the morning to wake up my skin and slough off the dead skin. This product is certified organic and hypo-allergenic. It is not tested on animals and does not include parabens.
I like using natural products on my face because they are coming in direct contact with a very sensitive area. This product is all natural, but it doesn't smell offensive like some natural products do; it smells a bit like aloe. I have repurchased this multiple times and it is my favorite exfoliator, believe me, I've tried many.





Before I apply any makeup, I like to spritz my skin with this Lush Tea Tree Water toner. It smells like tea tree oil, and if you've ever smelled tea treel oil you know it can be a strong scent, but this is quite relaxing. This is a very refreshing mist and does not have an overpowering tea tree oil smell because it is mixed with grapefruit and juniper. I haven't noticed any remarkable changes in my skin from using this product, but I do enjoy the refreshing qualities. I occasionally use this as a makeup setting spray, as well.

Moisturizer and serum, what can I say? I've been using The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost Serum since July and fear the day I run out of it. I love the packaging because the pump is so handy, but it's hard to tell how much product I have left. I really don't ever want to be without it. This adds a glow to my skin because there is a shimmery factor to it, but I'd never call it shimmery once it's blended in. It looks very nice on the skin and I use it as a primer for my makeup in the morning.
I have recently fallen in love with the Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily Moisturizer. After I ran out of The Body Shop Vitamin C Moisturizer I had to find a drugstore alternative that wouldn't cost me twenty-some dollars to replace. Although I'd love to repurchase The Body Shop moisturizer, this Neutrogena moisturizer has impressed me. It claims to reduce the appearance of dark spots within four weeks, I believe it is correct! I have been using this for over 3 months now and see a visible difference.

Can I say "Holy Grail" product? This Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel is my favorite cleanser of all time, ever. I use it at night to remove my makeup and the dirt from my day, but I use it in the morning sometimes, just because I love it that much. It's gentle, it smells like an herb garden, and it takes off any sort of makeup I put on my skin. I've repurchased this twice now and I think it is safe to say I'm in love. None of the Boscia products have ever broken me out and my skin is very sensitive. This is a gel consistency so it may be different than some other cleansers out there. It doesn't get very sudsy if you're into soap, but it lathers up into a nice layer on your skin. I always feel refreshed after washing my face with this cleanser.

Bioderma is a love it or hate it product. I LOVE it. I know it isn't available in stores here (it's a French pharmacy product), I purchased mine on Amazon and don't think I'll be able to again due to the fact that the prices are ridiculous. It removes all traces of makeup and is very gentle for sensitive skin. It has no scent and has the consistency of water. I use a cotton pad to use this product all over my face. It feels incredibly cleansing; even after I wash my face, this removes dirt and grime. Gross, right? Regardless, it is very gentle and is a must-buy for anyone who has had skin issues or is suffering from very sensitive skin.


After washing my face at night I always apply a moisturizer, especially in the dryer winter months. This is the Korres Rose and Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial and I have been using it since September. It smells like roses and is a very thick moisturizer. A little goes a long way with this product because it spreads like butter. Weird reference..I don't know if you'd want to spread butter on your face, but anyway, this is a smoothing moisturizer and I kid you not, you will wake up with brighter, glowing skin.

Freeman's Superfruits Revealing Facial Mask is my face mask of the moment. I'm not very loyal to face masks because, as I mentioned before, I'm obsessed with all things skincare related. I usually do a face mask about once a week, depending on how busy I am. This is a fun mask because once it is dry you peel it off and it looks like you're peeling off a layer of your skin! It smells like fruit and maybe a hint of mint (that might just be me making something up), but I think there's mint in there. This face mask is pretty gentle and I quite like it. I don't know if I'll repurchase it, but for the time being I enjoy using it and it reveals glowing skin, which I appreciate.







So there's my skincare routine of the moment. Trying to keep it as simple as I can and using natural products whenever possible. Any suggestions for a face mask that I could try when I run out of the Super Fruits Peel-Off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...