Friday, March 1, 2013

Delicious Peanut (or Almond!) Butter Cookies


So I warned you guys, there's no rhyme or reason to my posts. They're gonna be all over the place. It's a roller coaster and you'll all just have to hold on tight! So onto the baking!
These cookies are incredible.
I recently went on a "diet." I hate that word because it wasn't really a diet, but rather a lifestyle change to figure out a healthier way for me to eat. It's called the Virgin Diet and it's all about elimination. According to J.J. Virgin, the creator of the Virgin Diet, there are seven common food intolerances: soy, corn, gluten, dairy, sugar, eggs, and peanuts. Now, stay with me, I know it sounds ridiculous, but my mom and I did it together and we both felt it made a big difference. I recommend a buddy if you're going into this diet change because you're able to discuss food changes and yummy options (and cravings!) So we made it the full 21 days of the elimination period and because I felt a big change in my overall health, I decided to keep avoiding a majority of the foods, particularly gluten and dairy.
I'd always blamed my skin issues on my obsessive changing in beauty routines or that certain time of the month, but eliminating dairy has left my skin radiant and clear. And I'm talking haven't-had-to-wear-concealer-in-days clear. I attribute the change to dairy and I've been happy as can be eating coconut milk yogurt and almond milk.

And that is where these cookies come in! I was searching Pinterest (you can find me here) for dessert options I could eat on this diet. I'm a big dessert person, you should all know that as a disclaimer. I found the original recipe here, but I changed from peanut butter to almond butter and it tastes great. I actually find almond butter tastes more sophisticated, if nut butters can be sophisticated. I think they can.
They're also extremely easy to make with just peanut/almond butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, an egg, baking soda, and chocolate chunks! Check out the recipe link for all of the other information about the cookies. Can't take credit for something that I didn't create! Props to Averie Cooks blog for creating these little morsels.
Give them a try! Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...