Monday, September 2, 2013

Empty Products #2

I love reading through empty product reviews because I feel proud of people for finishing entire bottles of things. So I'm always excited when I have enough to review for you guys!
I've been saving these products in a bag for a long time (probably since I was at school in May!) and I decided that before I move back to Minnesota I should definitely review the empties.

First, I've got John Frieda Sheer Blonde Enhancing Shampoo and Conditioner. I don't use too much shampoo and conditioner when I shower because I feel like too much product weighs down my hair so I've probably had these in my shower for about 4 months. I don't believe these really enhance my naturally blonde hair, but I do like using products that are specifically formulated for my hair type. I'll probably repurchase this, but I'm fickle with shampoo so it might be awhile before I do so.

The Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 lasted me a long time. I think it was about 9 months before I was squeezing the life out of the bottle every morning. I love this moisturizer and it smelled energizing like fresh oranges for happiness in the morning. It was a great moisturizer and I have not repurchased it because it is a bit expensive for moisturizer, but I did love it enough to want to buy it again in the future.

Dove Refresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo was not my favorite dry shampoo ever. It had a VERY strong smell that I felt was overpowering to even my perfume. If I wanted my hair to smell like shampoo/products I'd suck it up and take a shower. I won't be repurchasing it, but I did finish it because I feel it did the job well enough to hold me over until I found a dry shampoo I really liked.

The John Freida Sheer Blonde Blonder is one of my "always on hand" products. I don't use it every day, but when I feel like my hair has lost some of its luster I'll spritz this in and voila! I've got summer blonde back into my hair. I have naturally blonde hair so in the summer it gets quite light since I'm outside a lot, but in the winter especially I just need to freshen up my look and this stuff does the job. I have already repurchased this and will probably always have it in my empties.

Batiste Cool and Crisp Fresh Dry Shampoo is a great product. It's a cult favorite within the beauty community and I now know why. It smells great (and not too strong), it's lightweight, and it adds texture without a weird residue. I recommend Batiste dry shampoo and have repurchased it in a new scent because I was interested in their other scents even though this was quite refreshing.

Soap and Glory Clean On Me Body Wash smells like Lush. I don't know how many of you have been in that store, but it's a citrus-y scent with a warmth to it. I liked this product and the moisturizing factor, but I heard that it has parabens in it and I will not be repurchasing it again.

Colossal Lashes by Maybelline has to be my all time favorite mascara. I love the precision I get and I can use one coat for natural looking lashes or pump up the drama with a few more coats. Either way I don't get clumps and it looks amazing. I have already repurchased this product and will probably always love it.

Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer is my Holy Grail concealer because I've never broken out from it and it covers anything. I don't use foundation so this product is very important to my every day makeup look. No matter what I always have this concealer with me. For awhile I thought I'd move away from it, but a few weeks later I gravitated back. I love this and used up two and have two more purchased just waiting to use. You could say I'm addicted.

I have two Rimmel Waterproof Eyeliners here, one in brown and one in purple. I like the brown a lot, but the purple was a little light for my taste. Obviously not enough to deter me from using it, but I will not be repurchasing the purple. I have another brown eyeliner that I like more. So these eyeliners were just fun to use, nothing fancy.

The Aloha Pink Vibrant and Beachy body spray was my go-to scent this summer. The bottle seemed to just disappear in July. It was a perfect summer scent and I haven't been able to find it at Victoria's Secret since I bought it. I wanted the full size, but have not seen it around. I did find a similar scent that I like, but it is not the same. Too bad because I loved this!

Umberto Beverly Hills Regular Hold Hairspray was not my favorite spray of all time. I used it up and will not be repurchasing it again. Nothing special or significant to note.

Lush Tea Tree Water Toning Water was a product I used daily for a long time. It was featured in my Skin Care Routine post and was a favorite for a long time. I did not repurchase it because I found a Boots Botanical Spray that was cheaper and did basically the same thing.

The Body Shop Vitamin C Serum was another product that lasted me a very long time (a year exactly!) and I used it every day during that period. I loved the smell (again, quite citrus-y), the texture was smooth, and the results were impressive. I would repurchase this, but it was pretty expensive so I'll have to wait!

And last but not least, the product I'm most proud of for finishing...Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched! I think this is the first chapstick I've ever completely finished! Yay for me! It was a pretty good chapstick, I still like Burt's Bees better. It certainly does the job and hydrates lips efficiently. So I'll probably repurchase after I've used up other chapsticks.

What have you used up recently? Would you recommend anything you absolutely loved?


4 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed by this! I can't believe you actually finished all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it either! I've been saving up my trash for a long time though!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Good job! I love empties because it gives me a good reason to purchase products and not feel so bad about it! haha

    www.natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Empties are some of the best posts out there!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...