Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dry Shampoo Battle

Happy October! It's going to be a lovely month full of pumpkin chai lattes, sweaters, and fall festivities. I thought I'd start off the month with a Dry Shampoo Battle seeing as school is in full swing and many of us have early classes to run off to or workouts between classes that make hair scream for some dry shampoo love. Now, I haven't always been a dry shampoo lover, I'm a recent convert. But, let me just tell you, it is the most wonderful thing to happen to my hair. I am not washing my hair as much so I can tell it's a lot healthier than it was even a few months ago.

Most dry shampoos do the job and there's really no way you can go wrong. This product works its magic whether it's $3.00 or $30.00. That being said, I know some of the pricier dry shampoos can be two-in-one products with a bit more magic fairy dust mixed in. For me, the drugstore versions work just fine. I've really been loving Pssst Instant Dry Shampoo recently and have featured it in favorites posts in the past (see here) and have also loved Batiste Dry Shampoo, as well. Others worth mentioning, for not so good reasons, are the Umberto Dry Shampoo and Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo.

Today's battle is between Batiste and Pssst. I will test based on how well the product works, the white cast from the spray, and the scent.

Batiste Floral and Flirty Blush

Does it do the job?
Overall, yes. The product banishes grease and you're left looking fresh. Perhaps not "just out of the shower" fresh, but fresh nonetheless. 

White cast?
It's no secret that Batiste Dry Shampoos have a white cast. That is why they've formulated a version for dark hair. It is quite noticeable even in my blonde hair, but is easily fixed with a quick fingers through the hair motion to mix it up.

Scent?
Quite strong. I would not spray this if there are others in the vicinity. It does have a nice floral scent, but it is not my favorite of the Batiste fragrances.

Pssst Instant Dry Shampoo

Does it do the job?
Yes. I believe, of the dry shampoos I've tried, this works best for my hair texture and length. It leaves my hair looking "clean," even when I know it's third day hair. Shhh!

White cast?
This product does have a white cast, but does not have as severe ghostly matte shade as Batiste. It is also quite easily remedied with a quick shake of your hands through your hair.

Scent?
This has a classic dry shampoo scent, but it dissipates very quickly. It is strong, but does not stay in your hair. Your hair will smell like your shampoo or your perfume if you have used it.

My winner in this battle is the Pssst Instant Dry Shampoo because the scent and the white cast issues were not as severe in this product. Both worked quite well and would serve their purpose.

What is your favorite dry shampoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...