Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Bread

It's not completely fall yet, but I've finally accepted that it's on the way. The fall candles are flickering, there's that little nip in the air around 5 p.m. and inevitably the leaves are changing color once again. Every year around this time I go on a baking kick. Last year it was pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting (delicious, by the way). This year I wanted pumpkin bread. And I wanted it paleo style!

So, of course, I scoured Pinterest for the best paleo pumpkin recipes with quite a bit of luck. I guess I'm not alone in my love of fall treats within the paleo community. The recipe is simple and it makes beautiful, moist, and delicious bread. 

A blender is what a college student uses because she doesn't own a food processor.
Same thing right?

Ok, so it turned out as more of a bar, but again, I'm working with the tools on hand.
Didn't have a fancy loaf pan!

The ingredients are simple and easy. I was quite skeptical at first, but when I tasted the batter I knew I was in for a treat. The ingredients are as follows:

Almond flour
Sea salt
Baking soda
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Cloves
Honey
Stevia **I used regular sugar**
Eggs

Additions to original ingredients
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips

The original recipe with measurements and instructions I followed can be found at Elana's Pantry. Thanks for the recipe Elana! I will be keeping this one handy for the rest of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...